Thursday, April 24, 2014

In This Moment 4/24/2014

In This Moment by Autumn Doughton

Every moment possesses its own kind of magic...

Aimee Spencer learned the hard way that for some moments, there are no take-backs, no rewinds, no do-overs. A year ago her world imploded and Aimee has been running ever since. She doesn't want to feel. She doesn't want to remember. To bury the ghosts that haunt her, she is living a life that has become unrecognizable. 

Cole Everly is a golden boy with a cocky smile and an attitude to match. He's grown accustomed to girls throwing themselves at his feet, but when Aimee trips and literally lands in his lap one afternoon, she's not at all what he expects. Difficult, damaged, closed-off. If Cole needed to make a list of qualities to avoid in a girl, Aimee would probably match up with every single one of them. He knows that he should stay away but he's drawn to her in a way that he can't exactly explain.

Four bubbles, hands down. 

In This Moments was a wonderful story about rediscovering who you truly are after everything you thought you knew, changes instantly. 

I immediately fell in love with this book. I love the fact that Autumn Doughton went against a lot of the typical norms we are seeing in new adult/romance, but she kept it simple. Insta-love was addressed, and laughed at and I enjoyed the relationship built in this story. 

Cole wasn't nearly as douchey (can I say that?) as he is perceived, and for that I am thankful. Yes, his sexual exploits are made known but he isn't mean about it and you never have to read about the narcissism that is usually presented with these characters. 

I loved the build up of this relationship because very realistic issues are discussed. I loved the fact that Aimee was able to recognize the fact that she needed to work on herself in order to have a healthy relationship with Cole, and how she was becoming dependent on him to help glue herself back together. 

I was surprised how Autumn decided to write about the tragedy that Aimee faced and I'm glad she decided to use the story she did. Not everything is tied up, and the reasoning behind the car accident is still being questioned, and that's ok. 

Overall, I would recommend this book for a lighter read but it can get heavy in some parts. It was fast and simple but still touching. I really enjoyed it. 

Maybe she is inside you. But I don't think she's making a racket because she wants to get out. I think she just wants to make sure you know she's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment