Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Believe 4/15/2014

Believe by Erin McCarthy 

Robin used to be a party girl… until she got black out drunk and woke up in bed with her best friend's boyfriend. Now she's faced with being THAT girl, and couldn't be more disgusted with herself. She can't even tell her friends the reason for her sudden sobriety and she avoids everyone until she meets Phoenix—quiet, tattooed, and different in every way that's good and oh, so bad…

Phoenix is two days out of jail when he meets Robin at his cousin's house, and he knows that he has no business talking to her, but he's drawn to her quiet demeanor, sweet smile, and artistic talent. She doesn't care that he's done time, or that he only has five bucks to his name, and she supports his goal to be a tattoo artist.



I randomly discovered this book one night when I was just looking for something random and light to read. I had never heard of this series and I just kind of jumped into this book. Now this is the third book in the True Believers series but it could be read as a stand alone. 


I felt that this book moved very fast and there wasn't a lot of character development. We meet Phoenix very early in the book and it seems that him and Robin just jump into a relationship. We get to the "I love you" at 50% and I have to admit, it moved way too fast for me. 


Honestly, I wasn't really into this book. I don't like alpha males that resort to violence for everything that pisses them off, I feel like it is an overplayed flaw that every new adult author uses. I don't know where this trend came from and why so many people feel the need to write about it's getting old. 


The only thing I really liked about this book was how flawed Robin was. She genuinely had her problems with many different things. I think it is great that addiction was kind of brought up in the story but I feel it maybe should of been addressed a little bit more.
The ending was wrapped up too quickly for me and I thought it was kind of humorous that Phoenix and Robin agreed to simply just work on their flaw together and that was that. 


Overall, I give this book about 2.5 bubbles. I didn't care for it too much. It was a fast and easy read that could be use to kill time but it wasn't anything to go crazy about. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone that was looking for a good story to get lost in, and I won't be reading it again any time soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment