Friday, May 2, 2014

Making Faces 5/2/2014

Making Faces by Amy Harmon

Ambrose Young was beautiful. He was tall and muscular, with hair that touched his shoulders and eyes that burned right through you. The kind of beautiful that graced the covers of romance novels, and Fern Taylor would know. She'd been reading them since she was thirteen. But maybe because he was so beautiful he was never someone Fern thought she could have...until he wasn't beautiful anymore.
Making Faces is the story of a small town where five young men go off to war, and only one comes back. It is the story of loss. Collective loss, individual loss, loss of beauty, loss of life, loss of identity. It is the tale of one girl's love for a broken boy, and a wounded warrior's love for an unremarkable girl. This is a story of friendship that overcomes heartache, heroism that defies the common definitions, and a modern tale of Beauty and the Beast, where we discover that there is a little beauty and a little beast in all of us


Oh that was rough. I was not prepared for the emotions this book comes with.
5 bubbles. Hands down. 

This was an amazing story about loss and learning how to come to terms with all of the different challenges you are faced with at certain points. This is also a story that can be added to your shelf of books that has the power to always make you cry. 

For me personally, this book started slow and I really wasn't sure how Amy Harmon was going to build up this relationship but she did it, and she did an amazing job. I loved this story because it could be classified as new adult but it is slightly different. This story grips you and tears you apart in different ways. There were times in the book, where I knew what was going to happen but it didn't change the emotions I felt with it and how it was so touching while reading it. 

Unfortunately, I can't give away a lot. I don't want to post anything that could be classified as spoilers because I don't even want to risk giving away anything in this book. It was beautiful and such an amazing story. I'm so glad I picked it up and I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a touching new adult novel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment