Sunday, May 25, 2014

Loving Mr. Daniels 5/25/2014


Loving Mr. Daniels by Brittainy C. Cherry

It was easy to call us forbidden and harder to call us soulmates. Yet I believed we were both. Forbidden soulmates. 

When I arrived to Edgewood, Wisconsin I didn’t plan to find him. I didn't plan to stumble into Joe's bar and have Daniel's music stir up my emotions. I had no clue that his voice would make my hurts forget their own sorrow. I had no idea that my happiness would remember its own bliss. When I started senior year at my new school, I wasn’t prepared to call him Mr. Daniels, but sometimes life happens at the wrong time for all the right reasons. 

Our love story wasn’t only about the physical connection.It was about family. It was about loss. It was about being alive. It was silly. It was painful. It was mourning. It was laughter. It was ours. 



This book was kind of a random surprise for me. I've been having a hard time finding books that sounds interesting and somewhat entertaining. I was skeptical of this story because I feel like I have been reading a lot of forbidden relationship type stories, especially involving teachers. Don't get me wrong, some were amazing but some were also very cringe worthy. 

Overall I give this book 4 bubbles. I genuinely enjoyed it and there were many aspects of the story that I just loved. 

We meet Ashlyn as she is going through some really hard times. She just recently lost her twin sister and is now moving to live with her father that she doesn't really know anything about and his new family. She is a nineteen year old high school student and starting her senior year in a new town. 

Before she starts her new school, she meets Daniel, a musician that she connects with on many different levels and they have that immediate connection. They meet, they swoon, and we get a good dose of insta-love. Everything comes crashing down on them when they realize they can't have an open and honest relationship with each other.

I loved this story because it had so much more than sex going for it. There is an important box of letters in this story and I truly feel like they made this story what it was. The other characters in this story were also something that just completed it. One character in particular reminded me of Patrick (Nothing) from The Perks of Being a Wallflower and I just loved that character and everything he was about. 
I don't want to give away too much because it was a wonderful story and I liked learning about all the different characters and how they all changed and affected this story. 

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in the NA genre but with some slight depth. This was refreshing and new, in a strange way, and I loved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment