Saturday, May 17, 2014

Full Steam Ahead 5/17/2014

Full Steam Ahead by Valerie Chase

Seven days aboard a luxury cruise. 
The perfect getaway from it all. 
At least, that’s what Georgia Cantwell is hoping for...

With her inbox filling with menacing emails, Georgia just wants to run away from her shattered life on her sorority's winter break cruise. What she doesn’t need is green-eyed Jace McLaren seeing through her tacked-on smile and stealing her breath away with each tantalizing kiss. 

Growing up with a father in jail, Jace knows from experience that if you’re going through hell, there’s no way out but through. He has always steered away from girls like Georgia with her ice-queen attitude, but she’s in real trouble, and despite himself he pushes past her walls.


This was a pleasant surprise! 

Overall, I give this book about 3.5 bubbles. I really liked it for many different reasons but it wasn't a 4 star for me.
I enjoyed the story and I thought it was a fun, light, easy read. I'm extremely impressed that this is a debut novel. 

That being said, there were some things I wish were changed. I wish the ending was slightly different and this whole story wasn't only 6 or 7 days long. I wish we went more in depth with the relationship between Jace and Georgia, and there was more depth. When Jace talks about his past and goes into detail about his life, I don't feel like we deserved it quite yet. Georgia came off as a brat to me at times, and this made me feel less in her favor. 

When it came to the ending, I wish we saw more conflict and struggle. I think it would have been a better story if things were not fixed so easily. It was a bit of a too perfect ending for my taste. However, because of this the book can be classified as a simple and easy read and that is not a bad thing. 

Overall, this book was fun. I would read it again if I was in the mood for a simple read and I am excited to see what else Valerie Chase writes because I feel that she does have a lot of potential when it comes to this specific genre and style of writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment