Wednesday, February 26, 2014

When It Rains 2/26/2014

When it Rains by Lisa De Jong

One night changed my life forever.

Beau Bennett has been my best friend since I can remember. He was my first crush before everything came crashing down, and now he wants more, but it's more than I can give him. Things are different now. I wish I could tell him why, but I can't.

I haven’t told anyone.

I never knew how much I really needed him until the day he left for college, and I was completely alone.

Then one day, Asher Hunt rides into town with his dark, captivating eyes and cocky grin. He doesn't care who I used to be, he's simply breathing life into what’s left. People warn me to stay away from him, but he helps me forget the pain that has held me hostage for so long; something I thought was impossible before he walked into my life.
 ~~~~~~~

 This book was absolutely amazing. This is the type of book that just makes you sob and you just can’t stop. I do not recommend reading this book in public!

Our main character Kate, obviously has a secret and something she is hiding from the people around her. It’s a secret that is killing her and she wants to be able to share it, but she can’t.

We have two main male characters in this book, Beau and Asher, and I loved reading about both of them. They are both huge parts in this story and make everything come together. Beau is Kate’s best friend and has been for a very long time. They used to be extremely close but Kate’s secret has kind of been a wedge between them because she can’t tell him. It was interesting to read about Beau. You may not connect with his character in the same way that you do with Asher’s but he still plays such an amazing role in this story. Asher is a bit different. In the small town that this story takes place, people look at him differently because they don’t know him. He is new and he stands out. Kate and Asher meet and begin to have this wonderful friendship that eventually changes into something more. Kate finally shares the secret she has been carrying for all this time and feels more open and alive than she has in the past two years.

There is a lot of pain in this story and it will turn you into a blubbering, sobbing mess. It was amazing to read about Kate’s journey with her dark past, and how she eventually learned to cope with it. I would recommend this book to everyone! Unfortunately, with all of the possible spoilers, I don't think I am able to go in depth with a review so go out and read it for yourself!

Trigger Warning
Abuse plays a large role in this story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment