Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Be With Me 2/18/2014


Be With Me by Jennifer L. Aremntrout

Teresa Hamilton is having a rough year—she’s in love with her big brother’s best friend, but he hasn’t spoken to her since they shared a truly amazing, mind-blowing, change-your-life kiss. She got out of a terrible relationship. And now an injury is threatening to end her dance career for good. It’s time for Plan B – college. And maybe a chance to convince Jase that what they have together is real.







I have officially rated this book at 3 bubbles. I decided on three bubbles because it was entertaining but I don't think I have the desire to read it again any time soon.

We first meet and learn a lot about Teresa in Wait for You as Cameron Hamilton's little sister.  We learn about her past relationships and the trouble she has been through. We are also introduced to Jace in Wait for You as Cameron's best friend and we really don't know a lot about him.
This is Jace and Teresa's story. 


I have many mixed emotions about this book. I believe the story had some strong areas but most of the time it fell under that stereotypical new adult story that so many authors are writing about. There was a lot of writing about how attractive the different characters were, Jace specifically. Teresa was always engrossed with Jace and you really don't know why. They shared a kiss once and it's not a present part of their story. It's just hard to understand where Teresa comes from and why she is even likes Jace, besides the fact that he is just uber attractive, I guess. 


I don't want this review to be completely negative so I will say there were some things that I really liked about this Teresa and Jace's story. I think the incident with Deb added some much needed depth to this story. I think if this incident and more of Deb's story in general was written about in this book, it could have been completely different. There are some characters that make appearances like Avery, Cameron, Jacob, Ollie and Steph, and that added to the story as well. I personally just feel that the author didn't go as deep with the story telling and topics and stuck with the basic plot that every other New Adult author is using. 
Trigger Warning 

Abusive relationships and suicide are major factors of this story and it these are topics that bother you or make you in any way uncomfortable, this book may not be for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment